Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Apropos of Nothing: Madison Johns Answers 5 Questions


As a child, Madison Johns preferred to distance herself from other children her age and had been described as a dreamer. Even as a small child, she remembers staying awake many a night fighting dragons, being whisked away to foreign lands, or meeting the man of her dreams.

Madison Johns began writing at age 44; she then pounded out a book a year for the next three years and published her first novel May 1, 2012.

Madison gathers both inspiration and comic relief from her work with seniors in both nursing-home and hospital settings, inspiring her to write Armed and Outrageous. She hails from Saginaw, Michigan, and resides with her husband, two children, and delightful cat Misty.

Say something about suicide.
It's sad and I have seen it too much working at a hospital. It's not age related in anyway. In truth, many senior citizens get very depressed over the death of a spouse or their own declining health. You can't judge anyone never having walked in their shoes and whatever they feel is real to them.

Share a scary dream.
I was in a house haunted by a little boy that for some reason didn't know he was dead. He looked freaky like possibly oriental with black hair and black circles beneath his eyes. It reminded me of The Grudge. It had something to do with mirrors and four little boys sitting in a bathtub. It really freaked me out.

Describe the kind of house you would most like to own.
I'm just a run-of-the-mill normal girl. I'd love a huge house on the ocean in California, next to some hunky guy who works out on his balcony. What? Seriously, I'd love a house on the beach in Michigan with plenty of bedrooms and enough room for an office that faced it. I love my home state and all its beautiful wonders.

Give your definition of the "perfect party."
I'd love a beach party with hula dancers and plenty of fireworks, enough to blast high into the air. People in Michigan like to blow shit up! Plenty of alcohol too – how else am I gonna get inspiration for my next book?

Describe the most unpleasant job you ever had to do.
This would go under the TTMI category and, believe me, you don't want to go where I have been. LOL

To learn more about Madison and her work, please visit:


Thanks, Madison. I think I had that nightmare, by the way…or maybe I just saw that creepy-as-hell movie. Wait…yep, that was it. I couldn’t sleep that night. Now that I’ve remembered it, I won’t be able to sleep tonight either. So, yeah, thanks a lot, Madison!

Speaking of creepy things, Friday the Thirteenth approaches! My guest will be Kristina Howells. She’s written a few disturbing novels…
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. An interesting interview!

    Best,

    Jacqueline Seewald
    DEATH LEGACY

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...