Sunday, June 12, 2011

#Trust30: Surprise

I am a writer – which means I surprise myself every day.

There are days when I wake up certain that I won’t be able to write a single word. Then I do.

I have stared at blank screen after blank screen. I filled them.

I have written my characters into inescapable predicaments. I found them a way out.

I wrote my first complete novel doubting that I’d ever let anyone read it. Then I published it.

I thought I would be one of those writers of whom no one has ever heard. Then I found fans.

I was certain no publisher would ever want to work with me. I found one who did.

When people ask me what I do, I tell them I’m a writer. I’ve never had a better, more rewarding “job.” And I surprise myself every day.

Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

  1. Susan then you're not just a writer but you're also an author! (If you are able to sell/publish and gain monetary compensation for your writing, then in my definition that's an author.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by, Jane! You're right, of course, though I've been slower to take the "author" title. I generally start with "writer" when someone asks me what I do. If they probe further, I admit to being a "novelist." :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Susan. This is similar to what I wanted to write about lol. Guess we all are more alike than we think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perhaps, Roger! BTW, I really appreciate your stopping by each day. Knowing someone is reading the #Trust30 posts keeps me faithful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...